I was looking around for the dresses to make a few patterns for you. I was wondering If i can catch hold on to something thats easy for beginners in my class. I wonder how many silent students I have. I would appreciate if you people can mail me on the company's email to just say "Hi".
Well, as we promised, we are bringing you simple easy and free patterns. however, there are a few high fashion Patterns that are for sale. Truly, even we need a few bucks to run this show. Please buy our patterns from the etsy store or from this store. If you cannot find right now, just drop in a mail to ask for a pattern. the link for etsy store is at the end of this blog.
Materials required for this amazing, breezy and comfortable summer dress for a baby are:
- 1/2 metre cotton or jersey, or linen or any soft material you feel is good.
(Tip: for beginners, I would recommend use, cloth that is anti-slippery, cotton, casenut, linen, cambridge, etc are fabrics that are anti-slippery, Reason: your stitches will not fall apart.)
You can Buy the non-strtch fabric from our store for $1.50 only (Click here for link>
- Sewing Machine,
- A Pair of scissors
- A few Pins.
- A different color 1/4 metre fabric to make straps.
- embroidery needle and thread (optional).
- First and the most important thing for sewing is, to take measurements, either take measurement of the kid, or if you have the perfect measurement dress go for it.
- Measure Length, breadth and this is all we need for this project.
(If you do not know how to take measurements, please visit here >> How to Master Ladies Measurements))
- Lay your fabric on the flat surface, I would say, place it on the floor, Pan out and you will see a rectangle cloth,
- Next step , Fold it so that if you cut from the middle it produces two equal sized rectangle.
- Now refer the pattern Below
Note: your cloth will like this, the right corner has left line , is your fold line, (which is where you have folded your cloth,) on the extreme right is your Seam Line)
- Mark your measurements accordingly, this pattern is for 5-6 aged girl.
- If your girl measures exactly this measurements. then you can cut accordingly.
The above has two measurements seam line, that is where you will be attaching your straps, mark that, mark the measurements with seam line allowances.
- keep this pattern aside,
How to make a strap:
- Please refer the picture below:
- Fold your fabric and Cut the length, remember you need to cut 2 identical pieces of it.
- Cut the strap hole with the measurement given above and this is also required in two number.
- now Prepare fabric for cutting. the measurements given here are having allowances for smoked stitch.
- so, if you do not know how to make a smoked stitch you can give a 1/2 or 1/4 inch pleats to give the similar effect.
- after you are done with the Fabric cutting lets sew.
- First sew the pleats of the Fabric, if you are sewing smoked stitch then do the smoked now.
- Second, hemline then sew the seams, side seams of the fabric.
- Attach the the strap holes at the back of the dress you have sewn.
- Sew the straps now,
- Attach the straps to the front of the dress where we marked as seam line.
- Now make the straps travel through the strap holes and bind at the back.
-your easy, baby summer dress is ready.
Until next time,